Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Your Own Personal Demonic Entity

For those out there who want to embrace their panopticon slavery here is the newest hi-tech leash:


I'm not saying it's not a cool gadget. It is totally cool – especially the translator feature. But those are just the selling points. I love the way that these guys assure us that “The device only activates upon user engagement and does not employ ‘wake words’, ensuring it is not always listening or recording.”

Uh huh, I'm sure it's totally not always listening or recording while it takes pictures of your friends, family, and the food you are eating.

I have made the case many times on this blog that AI and chatbots are evil and that they lie on a regular basis. But now you are going to trust these little demons to scan your emails and tell you which ones are important and which are not? The goal is to eventually let AI do all your thinking and decision making for you. Welcome to the new hive mind.

The price is $699 (just flip the nines) and then 24 dollars a month. At a time when people are having a difficult time buying groceries or paying their rent, the cost alone could be prohibitive for the masses. But remember when DVD players were $1000 when they first came out? I think you can pick one up now for $30.

Also, if the device is compromised you have to send it back to Humane to get it fixed. Yeah, because that always works out well for the consumer.

As this article points out, “The tech industry has a large graveyard of wearable products that have failed to catch on.” So I guess we can just wait and see. If it does catch on, I'm sure they will find a way to connect it to your bank account.

Take care out there.

9 comments:

Justin_O_Guy said...

price is $699 (just flip the nines)

It's 666, they just needed to acknowledge that other group
So they added the Ever Popular

33...

wendyworn said...

Lol! I didn't even think of that! Thanks for pointing it out Justin!

Justin_O_Guy said...

I'm not always here, but when I am, I'm here to help..
Usually

Cederq said...

Not only NO, but hell NO! I don't wear or carry anything that tracks me. You are right about it being a stepping stone to wearing the internet(AI) on your wrist. An internet that will do your thinking, be a nanny and makes decisions for you. If I need an expert opinion, I will just ask myself. That is why they keep trying to push these useless electronic baubles on us hoping if they throw enough stuff(junk) at us something will stick. To track us, then they don't need prison or concentration camps and a warden or guards. We are our own prison...

wendyworn said...

yeah - who needs a prison when you can have geo-fencing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geo-fence

Peteforester said...

If the thing is listening for "wake words," it's ALWAYS listening... How else will it know a "wake word" has been spoken? The guy says there aren't any "wake words," and in the next breath says the thing can be "engaged" by the user's voice! And when it's "NOT listening," there's nothing to keep it from doing whatever else it's designed to do... Whatever that is...

This is truly "mark of the beast" stuff...

NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!

NO...WAY!!!

Bear Claw Chris Lapp said...

The most important question always is who funded the manufacture of it

wendyworn said...

it took a little digging but Google and Microsoft to name a few.

Anonymous said...

Yeaaaaaah…I’d rather skydive with no reserve or dive with great white sharks.
I’m all set.

If they wanna apply technology…

Perhaps find away of getting rid of Guards.

Ask yourself…
Why would anyone but a Sadistic, Power Seeking, Socio-Path closet case Sexual Predator have a gig like that?
“I needed a job” is not allowed.

Go!