Saturday, October 1, 2022

If it isn't one thing – Continued

So back in July, I wrote about how the A/C compressor on the car had gone out.

If it isn't one thing

Update at 93 degrees

Not having any immediate answers, our plan was to keep driving the car and wait on the Lord for a solution.

In the meantime, I have been setting my alarm for 3:30am on Saturday mornings so that I could have some coffee before leaving the house at 5:30am while it was still relatively cool outside. I would drive the 5 miles down the freeway into town and the temp gauge would get all the way to maximum. I would stop at the gas station right near the off ramp and let it cool down.

Then I would drive through town to the post office to check the mail. Most of the time it did not heat back up to maximum again, but if it looked like it was going to – I would stop at a convenience store half way between the post office and the grocery store and let it cool down again. I would usually get to the grocery store right after they opened, around 6:10am.

The car would cool down again while I got my groceries and then I prayed all the way home. I made it back safely every time. I know, not the best plan, but it worked for a while.

Then a new situation cropped up.

The dog needed to have her nails clipped, but the pet store does not open until 9am.

I had to wait several weeks, but finally, yesterday was the first Saturday that was cool enough at 9am for me to attempt to drive into town and get it done. We got through town ok, but as soon as I got to the pet store the battery died. I mean DEAD. I took the dog into the store and got her nails clipped (at least that was handled) and asked the guy that worked there about getting a jump. He treated me like I had just asked him to cut off his right toe because obviously he was working and couldn't give me a jump.

He was kinda being a prick.

I went back out to the car and yep – it was still dead.

I will have to finish the story about what happened next tomorrow because I don't want this post to get too long.

Take care out there.


 

1 comment:

wendyworn said...

I think it is because it's a hybrid that it is laid out different. I had forgotten the tip about turning on the heater could keep the engine cooled. Well, its in the shop now - I'll be posting about it tomorrow.