Monday, October 3, 2022

saturday update

Continuing from yesterday's blog post – I'm sitting in front of the pet store with a dead battery and the dog in the back seat.

By a miracle of the Lord (can't give the details on that) the car started back up – but it was making a horrible noise and seizing up. I was only able to drive to the next spot over and park it again. This car was not going anywhere.

There was a lady getting into her car across the street. I called to her and asked her if she knew if there was a mechanic's place around. She walked over to me, sort of laughed, and said, “Yes, actually, there is a mechanic shop just around the corner. In fact, my son-in-law works there.” So she agreed to drive over there and see if he was working.

She came back a few minutes later and said that he was working there at the moment. So we lifted the dog into her back seat and she drove me over there. She introduced me to her son-in-law who we will call D. She was on her way to run a 2K for charity and I thanked her for all her help.

D told me that they would be able to look at my car, but that they were super busy and it may be awhile. He pointed to a big sign across the street. He told me I could call the number on the sign and a tow truck driver should answer and be able to tow my car from in front of the pet store back to the mechanics. So I called the number. The tow truck guy met me back at my car and in 15 minutes my car was at the shop. I paid the tow truck driver and thanked him. That was literally the fastest tow truck I have ever experienced in my life.

There is a gas station near by that use to serve biscuits and gravy so I left my phone number with the front desk lady and walked over there. As I was looking for a place to tie the dog, a woman came out of the gas station store and asked if she could give my dog a treat. I said, “Yes, please!”

The woman told me there was no restaurant inside the store, but gave me the rest of the dog treats. I thanked her and walked back to the shop. I sat down to wait.

Normally when this kind of stuff happens I would literally be freaking out. This is the kind of situation that just the wait alone and not knowing how long it would be, would be hugely stressful for me. But I was not stressed at all. I felt very peaceful. This was the solution that the Lord had chosen for the car. I wasn't broke down on the side of the road, I was in town and people were put in my life to help and everything was just falling into place.

At the end of the day the diagnosis was what I thought, but the parts were already located and could be there by Tuesday. It was going to be X amount of money. So I agreed. They assured me that someone could come and pick me up and bring me back when it was time to pick up the car. D drove me home and we had a great conversation. He was born in town and grew up there and never left like most of his friends. He was happy living there and it was a great community. I told him he is actually lucky to not be subjected to most of the crazy out there. He seems like a real good kid.

So there you have it! Situation handled. Thank You God!




 

3 comments:

Cederq said...

Good for you and your abiding Faith! The simplest of prayers can move mountains. Let us know what the problem was on the car! What kind of car do you have Wendy?

Justin_O_Guy said...

Good. Now I can quit worrying. I check your place during the first cup every day. Bummer about the biscuits and gravy, though. Sounds like everything else was laid out for you. I'm looking forward to the report on the car,and hoping for it being easy enough to afford.

wendyworn said...

Hey guys - its a honda civic hybrid. It needed a serpentine belt and the a/c compressor replaced. but now it is handled. phew.