Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Streakers?!


Over on Drudge yesterday, I came across an extremely click bait-y link:

Super Bowl suffers delay after partial streakers run onto field and are tackled by security as Mahomes watches on

So, you know, I clicked it.

It was just some guys who ran across the football field fully clothed and at the last minute before they got caught, they took their shirts off. Hardly a newsworthy event and in no way qualifies as streakers.

These young people today! They don't know what they are talking about. Back in my day, you had to be fully buck naked to be considered a streaker (with the exception of socks and/or shoes.)

Just to be on the safe side, I looked up the definition. Cuz, you know they like to change the meanings of words these days. Nope the definition is the same:

“a person who runs naked in a public place, especially in order to shock or amuse others”

How do I know what a streaker is? This was playing on the radio all the time when I was growing up:



Anyway, keep your clothes on people. Take care out there.

7 comments:

Craig said...

Hilarious tune!

Johno said...

Hmm, miss Ethel Wendyworn, was that your maiden name? The penny dropped and quite a few incidents start to coalesce into the big picture. You need to protect yourself against sunburn and skin cancer, also frostbite on the extremities for you who dwell in the Northern Hemisphere.

wendyworn said...

Lol! just a spectator Johno. i may have peeked a time or two

Cederq said...

You never "streaked?" You are missing out in an rite of passage! Back when I had the physique of Adonis, I was a born streakier! A high school girl's volley ball meet, a couple of other buddies and me streak it full court wearing Batman masks... I almost got caught... I have a large cigar shaped birthmark on my upper right butt cheek... yeah, a couple of girls did recognize it, including my twin sister. They didn't snitch but the three Amigos were legend after that..

wendyworn said...

somehow - I always knew you were a secret streaker cederq

Peteforester said...

I saw the same article. When I saw the picture I said the same thing! Any clothing other than shoes was a disqualifier! ...Kids these days... Always "redefining..."

...The trick to not getting caught was to smear Crisco all over your body... except your hands... You needed a good grip to get over the center field fence... 'Gave credence to "giving the cops the slip..."

wendyworn said...

that's the only use for crisco these days