Thursday, February 8, 2024

Unexpected Surprises


Yesterday was my birthday. Except for the date and the fact that I'm getting old, it started out as any other day. I went to the Post Office to pick up a package from my sister.

In my mailbox was a very generous donation from one of the followers of this blog. It was unexpected and I was totally surprised and delighted. I have been determined to really trust the Lord in meeting all our needs while I've been out of work and not to panic. But, I was keeping an eye on our finances. Before I could even think to start to worry, this money showed up. What a great blessing! It is enough to get us through paying our bills and groceries for the rest of the month. I sent an email to thank him and he said, “My heart 'hearing' is often dull, but the Lord made sure I got His message this time.”

Wow. The Lord truly is awesome.

Thanks again out there. You know who you are. Lol!

As I've written about before, my little sister sends amazing care packages filled with all sorts of treasures. There were a dozen or so emergency hand warmers for when it gets super cold again, real dutch processed cocoa, a couple of boxes of non-GMO corn bread mixes that you can't find out here in Kansas, and assorted other goodies. Among the presents was a Tupperware sugar bowl and salt and pepper shakers that had been my mom's. She included a ceramic bowl in the shape of a leaf that mom always had on the table filled with black olives and baby dill pickles on Thanksgiving day. Very sentimental. I may have cried just a little over that.

So now I am drinking cranberry-pomegranate tea she sent in a beautiful new mug that is painted with a winter woodland scene and a big brown bunny. I have already designated it my new tea mug. Who could ask for a better life than this? The Lord has not only abundantly met all our needs, but I feel like I have riches beyond measure for the little moments like this.

To top it off, my son called unexpectedly saying he is going to be in town and wants to stop by and see me. I haven't seen him in over 5 years so this was excellent news. My birthday ended up being totally amazing!

Trust in the Lord my friends. He will always be there for us.

Take care out there.

3 comments:

Johno said...

Good on you Miss Wendyworn! It’s great that your birthday turned out so well.

wendyworn said...

thanks johno!

Cederq said...

I'm back, I'm Bad... Good to have the unterweb! It was up this morning when I talked to you and went down again and just got it back up, I really hope those guys know whet they are doing, you don't have faith most dieversity hires even graduated 8th grade...

Glad your son made the effort to contact you, praying it continues and you can build a proper healthy relationship. When all else falls away and seems hopeless you have family and that is sometimes all you need or want.