Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Update at 93 degees

 

I actually wrote a blog post yesterday titled My Many Flaws. It started out talking about how hard it was to lead every thought captive to the obedience of Christ and then detailed the ways I was falling short in the category. I ran out of time and didn't get it posted. Probably a good thing – you all don't need to know all that. This is a happy blog (LOL!)

My husband found a guy in town that works at the auto parts store to come over and put the belt on the A/C compressor. But then he gave us the bad news. We won't have any air conditioner in the car and that over all – it's just a temporary fix. Diagnosis – the car will need to be fixed or it only has a few months to live. It was 93 degrees out when he gave us the bad news.

I pictured getting off work and getting into the car after baking in the sun all day. It has been in the nineties for almost two weeks. I could almost feel the super hot steering wheel driving into town without the A/C. I started to cry. Hard. I cried for 20 minutes. My poor husband looked on helplessly. He wasn't sure if he should try to make the shaky journey over to give me a hug. I told him later, that it was good he didn't come over to give me a hug. I didn't need a hug. I just needed a good cry.

My husband called around and found a place that could take a look – but we would be talking about $800 to $1000 dollars to get it fixed – if they could find the part for a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid – and then if they could actually get it there these days.

When I finally stopped crying – and had blown my nose, etc. I actually felt better. Like I had been washed somehow. We have room on the credit card to pay for it but I told my husband that I didn't want to put it on the credit card. I wanted to believe God for a solution. A car is a need – and God promises to meet all our needs.

So that was what we decided to do. Keep driving the car (without air conditioning) and believe that the Lord will bring us a solution – whatever that would be. So pray for us and our car my friends. I have to go to the store before it gets too hot.

Take care out there!

2 comments:

Cederq said...

I'll try and find a prayer for car air conditioning... I wonder if the prayer for poor souls with changing a few key phrases would work? Gotta try it, never know until ya do... I feel for you Wendy, My heat went out while living there in South Dakota in the winter. The only heat I got was the defrosters and they don't heat up the cab of a pickup well. I finally got it fixed, a warm/cold blend door stuck open on the cold side. It was in the neighborhood of about $500 bucks, they had to pull the dash to get at it. I will pray a working car with Air Conditioning is provided.

wendyworn said...

thank you! I feel good about it actually. The Lord will meet this need in a big way. looking forward to it! Have a great day